1.1 Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using this website.
1.2 This website is operated by Employerbase Ltd of PO BOX 2991, Bristol, BS5 5EZ, United Kingdom (‘Employerbase’, ‘our’, ‘we’ or ‘us’), a subsidiary of 2i research.
1.3 We particularly draw your attention to clauses 6 (Information you provide to us), 8 (Applicability of online materials) and 11 (Liability).
1.4 By clicking on the ‘I Accept’ button at the bottom of these Terms and Conditions and accessing or using this website (‘our website’) you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions, as they may be modified and posted on our website from time to time.
1.5 If you do not wish to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, then you may not use our website.
2. Nature of our website
2.1 Our website is a place for recent graduates, based in the UK, who have obtained a job since graduating, to participate in our online survey about their jobs. We intend (but do not undertake) to use the information from our survey to publish articles, reports, books and other material, both online and in print, to inform graduate job-seekers about the marketplace for jobs.
2.2 In return for your participation in our online survey, 2i research will either give you an Amazon.co.uk gift certificate of the value indicated at the beginning of your questionnaire or if so indicated enter you into a prize draw to win an Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB. The probability of winning this draw is 1 in 1000. This prize is offered subject to availability and may at the option of 2i research be replaced by a substantially equivalent prize or a cash alternative. The prize may at the option of the winner be substituted for an amount of Amazon.co.uk gift certificates equal to the VAT exclusive price of the prize offered when rounded to the nearest £5.
2.3 Please note that our online survey on this website is only for use by those who fulfil these requirements:
- You must be a graduate, now living in the UK; and
- You must have graduated within the last 3 years -- it does not matter where you graduated; and
- You must now be working in the UK in a job obtained since you graduated.
If you do not qualify, please click here to leave our website now.
3. Use of our website
3.1 Our website is maintained by Employerbase Ltd and is hosted in the European Union. All data and information related to our website will be held in the European Union, unless and until otherwise notified on this website.
3.2 You may access and use our website only upon and subject to these Terms and Conditions for your personal, non-commercial use. Any use other than as stated in these Terms and Conditions is strictly prohibited.
4. Prohibited use of our website
When using our website, you must not do any of the following:
4.1 use spiders, robots or other automated data mining techniques to catalogue, download, store or otherwise reproduce or distribute content available on our website or to manipulate the results of any activity on the website including, but not limited to, surveys and prize draws;
4.2 do anything to interfere with our website or with any other person's use of our website, including (but not limited to) anything that is intended to or could result in our website crashing;
4.3 use our website to send unsolicited e-mail;
4.4 forge or mask your true identity in any material that you submit to our website;
4.5 frame portions of our website within any other website, alter the appearance of our website or establish links from any other website to any page of our website, other than the home page;
4.6 post or transmit any threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, abusive, illegal or inflammatory material.
5. Modifications to website
5.1 We reserve the right to make changes or corrections, alter, suspend or discontinue any aspect of our website or the content or services available through it, including your access to it. Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, any new features including new content, and/or the release of new software tools or resources shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
5.2 Please note that although we try to ensure that the content of our website is accurate, our website may contain typographical errors or other inaccuracies.
6.1 The following applies to any information you provide to us, whether during the registration process, while participating in the online survey, or otherwise.
- You authorise us to use, store or otherwise process any personal information which relates to and identifies you, including but not limited to your name, address, date of birth, details of your further education, nationality and employment to the extent reasonably necessary to enable us to provide the services which are available through this website and any other website owned and/or operated by us, our partners, successors (including any future purchaser of the whole or part of our business), associates, sub-contractors or other third parties (together our ‘Partner Companies’). These Partner Companies may be located in countries outside the EEA that do not have laws to protect your information. Details of the companies and countries involved in your case will be provided on request. If you would like to request such information or review or modify any part of your personal information then you should email us at hello@Employerbase.
- We will use all reasonable commercial endeavours to protect your anonymity and will endeavour to ensure that we disclose your identity only if required to do so by law, or in order to defend ourselves against any action, claim or demand arising out of publication of Content submitted by you.
6.2 By accepting these Terms and Conditions, you agree to the processing and disclosure of the Personal Information for the Purposes. If you would like to review or modify any part of your Personal Information then you should email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6.3 In addition, the following also applies to all survey responses, messages, emails, bulletin board postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material submitted by you to us (‘Content’):
- you must own or have the right to submit Content for publication on our website and all Content submitted by you must be legal, honest, decent and truthful and comply with all applicable laws, Regulations, standards and/or codes of practice;
- you must ensure that all Content submitted to us does not infringe the copyright, design, privacy, publicity, data protection, trade mark or any other rights of any third party, nor be obscene, abusive, threatening, libellous or defamatory of any person or be otherwise unlawful;
- you must ensure that the Content does not advertise or otherwise solicit for funds or is a solicitation for goods or services; and
- we have the right to monitor Content and may edit, reject or remove Content if we believe it does not comply with the above and, in particular, we reserve the right to block incoming emails and other Content if we believe that their content is or may be inappropriate or otherwise does not comply with the above.
6.4 The following applies in respect of copyright and other Intellectual Property Rights:
- Our entire website, and all of the material within it, including (but not limited to) text, graphics, audio, video, photographs, surveys, logos or other materials, and including all trade marks, service marks, copyrights and trade secrets contained in our website are the intellectual property of 2i Research and our licensors, business partners and affiliates (if any). You may not modify, copy, reproduce, create derivative works from, republish, display, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way any of the material available on this site and related surveys without our prior written consent.
- You hereby assign to 2i research by way of present assignment of existing and future copyright the entire copyright and all other Intellectual Property Rights and all and any other rights of any other nature in and in respect of all Content that you submit to us, except any portion of the Content that is Personal Information. Such assignment is absolute, irrevocable, worldwide and in all languages and is royalty-free and for the full duration of all such rights, including any renewals, extensions, reversions and revivals.
- You hereby irrevocably and unconditionally waive all moral rights to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (as amended) and under any similar legislation outside the UK in respect of all Content that you submit to us, except any portion of the Content that is Personal Information.
- Without limiting the general nature and extent of 6.4 (b) and (c), you specifically acknowledge that we have the unconditional and perpetual right to:
- edit, alter, add to, subtract from and combine with any other material the Content (except any portion of the Content that is Personal Information);
- reproduce, publish, distribute, communicate to the public and generally disseminate the Content in any media and by any means, whether now known or subsequently invented;
- in our absolute discretion, refrain from doing any of the matters referred to in 6.4 (d) (ii);
- You have sole responsibility for the Content which you submit to us and you shall indemnify and shall keep us fully and effectively indemnified on demand from and against all actions, claims, losses, liability, proceedings, damages, costs, expenses, loss of business, loss of profits, business interruption and other pecuniary or consequential loss (including legal costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by us and arising directly or indirectly out of the publication of Content submitted by you to us.
6.5 You warrant and undertake that you will not use our website for any purpose that is illegal or prohibited by these Terms and Conditions, including without limitation the posting or transmitting of any libellous, defamatory, inflammatory or obscene material. If you breach these Terms and Conditions, then your permission to use this website terminates immediately without the necessity of any notice being given to you. We retain the right to deny access to any person who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
You are solely responsible in all respects for all use of and for protecting the confidentiality of any username, email verification and password that may be given to you or selected by you for use on our website. You may not share these with or transfer them to any third parties. You must notify Employerbase Ltd immediately of any unauthorised use of them or any other breach of security regarding our website that comes to your attention.
8. Applicability of online materials
8.1 Unless otherwise specified all content and materials published on our website are presented solely for your private, personal and non-commercial use.
8.2 Our website is controlled and operated by us from our offices in England. Where content published on the website is supplied by third parties, you understand that we do not control or endorse such content in any way. All (if any) content which is offered by third parties that are not affiliated with or otherwise connected with us, is published in good faith but we do not (to the extent permitted by applicable law) accept responsibility for the accuracy or otherwise of such content (whether published on or offline) and the use of such content. You assume total responsibility and risk for your use of our website and use of all information contained within it.
8.3 We have used our best endeavours to ensure that our website complies with UK laws. Whilst our website may be accessed from anywhere, you may only participate in our online survey if you live in the United Kingdom. We make no representations that the materials on our website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the UK. Those who visit our website from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. If use of our website and/or viewing of it, or use of any material or content on our website or services, are contrary to or infringe any applicable law in your jurisdiction(s), you are not authorised to view or use our website and you must exit immediately.
9. Linked sites
Employerbase Ltd makes no representations whatsoever about any other websites which you may access through our website or which may link to our website. When you access any other website you understand that it is independent from Employerbase Ltd and that we have no control over the content or availability of that website. In addition, a link to any other website does not mean that Employerbase Ltd endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use of, such a website and Employerbase Ltd shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through any other website or resource. Any concerns regarding any external link should be directed to its website administrator or web master.
10. Availability of our website
We will try to make our website available but cannot guarantee that our website will operate continuously or without interruptions or be error free and can accept no liability for its unavailability. You must not attempt to interfere with the proper working of our website and, in particular, you must not attempt to circumvent security, tamper with, hack into, or otherwise disrupt any computer system, server, website, router or any other Internet connected device.
11.1 To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all express or implied terms, conditions, warranties, representations or endorsements whatsoever with regard to our website and to any information or service provided through our website.
11.2 We will do our best to ensure that all materials and information published on our website are accurate, but please note that all content, materials and information on our website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis and you assume total responsibility and risk for your use of our website and use of all information contained within it.
11.3 We accept no liability for any indirect or consequential loss or damage, or for any direct or indirect loss of data, profit, revenue or business in each case, however caused, even if foreseeable. In circumstances where you suffer loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the viewing, use or performance of our website or its contents, we accept no liability for this loss or damage (except where we have been negligent) whether due to inaccuracy, error, omission or any other cause and whether on the part of Employerbase Ltd or our servants, agents or any other person or entity.
11.4 If we are liable to you for any reason, our liability will be limited to £100 (one hundred pounds sterling). This limit does not apply to any liability we may have for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or for our fraudulent misrepresentation.
11.5 You are responsible for ensuring that your computer system meets all relevant technical specifications necessary to use our website and is compatible with our website. You also understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that any material available for downloading from our website will be free from infection, viruses and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
11.6 The limitations and exclusions in this clause do not affect your non-excludable statutory rights and only apply to the extent permitted by applicable law.
12.1 We may, but you may not, assign any rights and/or transfer, sub-contract or delegate any obligations under these Terms and Conditions, and/or charge or deal in any other manner with these Terms and Conditions or any of our respective rights or obligations. Any purported assignment, transfer, sub-contracting, delegation, charging or dealing in contravention of this clause 12.1 shall be ineffective. These Terms and Conditions are personal to you and are entered into by you for your own benefit and not for the benefit of any third party.
12.2 We may alter these Terms and Conditions from time to time and post the new version on our website, following which all use of our website will be governed by that version. The new version will not apply retrospectively. You must check the Terms and Conditions on the website regularly.
12.4 If any provision or term of these Terms and Conditions shall become or be declared illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, such term or provision shall be divisible from the other Terms and Conditions and shall be deemed to be deleted from them.
12.5 These Terms and Conditions and your use of our website are governed by English law and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
12.6 Except in respect of a payment obligation, neither you nor Employerbase Ltd will be held liable for any failure to perform any obligation to the other due to causes beyond your or Employerbase Ltd’s respective reasonable control.
12.7 Failure or delay by either party enforcing an obligation or exercising a right under these Terms and Conditions does not constitute a waiver of that obligation or right.
12.8 These terms and conditions do not confer any rights on any person or party (other than you and/or us) pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
13.1 All notices shall be given:
- to us via email at email@example.com or by post at:
PO BOX 2991
United Kingdom; or
- to you at either the email or postal address you provide during the registration process.
Notice will be deemed received when an email is received in full (or else on the next business day if it is received on a weekend or a public holiday in the place of receipt) provided that the sender receives a receipt for or an acknowledgement of the email from the recipient or three (3) days after the date of posting, as the case may be.
These Terms and Conditions replace all other terms and conditions previously applicable to the use of our website.